Deadline for applicaitons: June 3rd
Our wonderful Finance Trustee, Sophie Arden, is leaving the festival after 6 years of loyal work for the board. We are therefore looking for a new Finance Trustee/Company Financial Director. This is an unpaid role.
About Bath Film…
- Production of an annual film festival in Bath for over 25 years – the largest of its kind in the South West drawing an audience of over 4,500 from a 40 mile radius with a truly stimulating & eclectic programme
- Annual IMDb Awards for New Filmmaker and Script to Screen
- Outreach Community Cinema screenings
- Innovative initiatives for all matters to do with film such as Pedal Powered Fest, Fan Girl Quest & the FilmScore unique competition that invites young musicians to compose a score for short films
- F-Rating began at BFF 2014 to highlight women in film – now adopted by diverse organisations throughout the UK and reported by the international and national press
- BFF operation through a paid Executive Director and voluntary Creative Director supported by Volunteers and film enthusiasts; charity/limited company with an annual turnover approx. £100K
About the Board of Trustees…
Elected Chair & Company Secretary plus 7 Trustees each with different skills & experience covering financial, strategic & business planning & management, marketing, film programming & events, legal matters – variously gained from private & public sectors. Formally meet every quarter with AGM in June; various sub-groups organised to address specific items, issues & events. Voluntary positions by application/invitation & interview, serving for 3-year terms.
About the role…
The Finance Director works with trustees & the Executive Director to ensure sound financial management, providing advice on financial matters and helping ensure compliance with statutory requirements for Companies House & Charity Commission. They will interpret the financial data, drawing out the key discussion areas and implications around future opportunities.
A background in decision support & organisational planning would be highly advantageous. Good communication skills with qualifications & experience in financial management including company management accounts (we use QuickBooks for bookkeeping) is required. This is a fantastic career developing opportunity for an individual keen to grow their strategic experience OR a fabulous role for an experienced finance professional seeking to contribute to the cultural sector.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org Chair of BFF Trustees