FilmBath is a registered charity (#1080952) overseen by a board of trustees.
Apply to be a Trustee and/or Company Secretary
About Film Bath, home of film in Bath and including
- Production of an annual film festival in Bath for over 25 years – the largest of its kind in the South West drawing an audience of over 4,500 p/a from a 40 mile radius with a truly stimulating & eclectic programme
- Annual IMDb Awards for New Filmmaker and Script to Screen
- FilmScore – a unique competition that invites young musicians to compose a score for short films
- F-Rating began at the festival in 2014 to highlight women in film – now adopted by diverse organisations throughout the UK, IMDb and reported by the international and national press http://f-rated.org/
- Outreach Community Cinema screenings
- Innovative initiatives for all matters to do with film such as Pedal Powered screenings, inflatable screening and pop ups.
- Film Bath operation is through a paid Executive Director and voluntary Creative Director supported by Volunteers and film enthusiasts; charity/limited company with an annual turnover approx. £100K
About the Board of Trustees…
Elected Chair, Company Secretary & Finance Director plus six trustees each with different skills & experience covering financial, strategic & business planning & management, marketing, film programming & events, legal matters, social media – variously gained from private & public sectors. Formally meet every quarter with AGM in June; various sub-groups organised to address specific items, issues & events. Voluntary positions by application/invitation & interview, serving for 3-year terms.
About the role…
Trustees should have good communication skills with qualifications & experience in relevant areas. For the Company Secretary, we would seek a trustee with legal or financial experience; for other trustee vacancies, we are keen to hear from people with experience of fund-raising. This is a fantastic career-developing opportunity for individuals keen to grow their strategic experience OR a fabulous role for experienced professionals seeking to contribute to the cultural sector.
If you are interested in this role. or in joining our board simply as a trustee, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org Chair of FilmBath Trustees