£5000 cash, £1000 worth of hire kit from Visual Impact (UK filmmakers only), the IMDb etched glass award and a coveted IMDb enamel badge. Prize money and hire kit must be used to make the film of the winning screenplay.
PLEASE do not ask for a fee waiver.
As we are a charity we cannot offer fee waivers to any filmmakers – no exceptions.
We source our own features.
- Entry into Bath Film Festival IMDb Script to Screen Award confirms each entrant’s acceptance of these rules and regulations.
- Bath Film Festival IMDb Script to Screen Award is open to writers of any nationality from any country.
- The entered screenplay must not have been previously optioned, sold or produced.
- Screenplays must be written in the English language.
- The screenplay must be no less than five minutes and no more than ten minutes screen time.
- Screenplays of any genre will be considered and must be the original work of the author submitting it.
- Where the screenplay is based upon another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenplay writer to obtain permission/copyright clearances from the original author. Screenplays based upon another work must be clearly marked as such.
- Screenplays must be submitted by the deadline, no late entries will be accepted unless agreed by prior arrangement.
- Entering the competition constitutes permission to use the winners’ names and licenses for publicity and promotions without any additional compensation.
- Multiple authorship screenplays are acceptable.
- The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- All entrants acknowledge that neither the judges nor the sponsors or any partners mentioned here or in any other publication will be held responsible for any disputes between you and Bath Film Festival IMDb Script to Screen Award.
- All entrants acknowledge that the final winner will be expected to make the film of their screenplay available to be shown at FilmBath Festival.
- No cash alternatives to any of the prizes or additional payments shall be made.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason at their absolute discretion.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to appoint any director and/or producer to the winning script (though we do not plan to do so).
- No substitution or new drafts or corrected pages for screenplay entries will be accepted under any circumstances.
- Only submit one copy.
- Please upload your screenplay with the title alone; the author’s name must not appear on the title page or anywhere within the body of the uploaded screenplay.
- No additional material should be attached/uploaded with the screenplay.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time by notice on www.filmbath.org.uk.
Release for submitted material:
This release is being accepted by you in connection with the material you wish the judges of Bath Film Festival IMDb Script to Screen Award Competition to review.
You acknowledge that the screenplay you are submitting may contain characters, concepts and other material similar to characters, concepts and other material which the judges of the competition or their partners are currently developing/producing or are considering developing/producing.
You agree that in consideration for their reviewing and perhaps discussing the submitted screenplay with you, you will not at any time assert or attempt any claim against Bath Film Festival IMDb Script to Screen Award or any of the judges of the competition, sponsors, partners, or any other person connected with the competition with respect to any use of similar material in any project which is developed, produced, distributed, licensed or sold by all the above mentioned parties.
The judges agree to make a reasonable good faith effort to protect the confidentiality of any original material contained in the work.
You agree that should your screenplay be the winner of this competition you will make the film of the screenplay and deliver it to FilmBath Festival by the agreed date.
You agree that if your screenplay wins the competition you may be called upon to write further revisions with your or our script editor/producer/director.